Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Caron's "Waves of Mu" Featured in 15 Bytes Blog

November 25, 2008

More Waves

Our November edition of 15 Bytes featured a short video clip of Amy Caron and crew installing her Waves of Mu project. The video was from an Alaska installation but was run in conjunction with the unveiling of Waves of Mu in New York. The New York Times called it ". . . a refreshing work that gives cutting-edge science the sass and spunk it lacks." 
We heard this week from the recently returned Caron. "I'm fresh off the Waves of Mu run in New York City and writing to you from my secret hideout deep in the woods where I'm scheming my next contemporary art move and gearing up for the next gig," the artist writes. "Luckily my place of escape has wireless so I can keep you posted on what happened and what's happening. 

"Yup, we drove Shaggy and the Silver Bullet smack into the middle of the east village and did nine back-to-back shows and managed to escape without a scratch.  whew.  The Performance Space 122 Gallery/Theater run went super good and what a thrill to finally share my goods with the people who were first in on the project!"

She also sent us an audio clip of an interview with her broadcast on the local NPR station. 

No comments: